Landing Page vs Website Homepage
- Tips for Successful Website Development
- Small Business Website Design
- Quality of Design
- Common Mistakes in Real Estate Website Design
- How to create a high-quality design
What’s a Website’s Home Page?
A homepage is the entrance to your site. Unlike a landing page, homepage is visited by people who have a direct link to your site. It has navigation to other parts of your website such as resources, services, products, blog, etc., and offers multiple actions that visitors can take like signing up for a newsletter, registering for events, or purchasing products. Traditionally, website’s homepages are for prospects in the Awareness and Consideration stages. They are critical to your inbound marketing effort as their goal is to emotionally connect with your visitors and disrupt their status quo. Consider your website’s homepage as your front door. A new visitor looks around to get to know who you are and what you do.The same applies to your website’s homepage. It should explain what’s your point. The people need to see that you can help them. They should see how you are different from all your competitors. They need to see that you have solutions to their problems. Therefore, your website’s homepage needs to be not about you, but about your prospects.
Why to Use Landing Pages?
- They can be used as the destination for your ads, new product campaign, or new marketing campaign
- They can inform your target audience about a discount, webinar, one-time event, etc
- They can be used for distribution of your content
- They can gather contact information and leads
- They are effective in attracting sudden interest (especially from individuals who are busy or not familiar with your business)
Why to Use Website Homepage?
- It can be used as the destination for traditional/online ads
- It can inform visitors about different ways how to connect you
- It can help establish SEO for the website
- It is the center of your brand’s marketing efforts
- It thoroughly informs visitors about your products/services
- It can gain leads
- It provide up-to-date and comprehensive information about your company
- It establishes trust between the visitors and the brand
- It attracts long-term interest