What are microinteractions?
Thoroughly elaborated details and features are two things that create the best website experiences. Features draw visitors’ attention while details make them stay for long. Microinteractions are the constituent parts of the product functions that are usually invisible. However, they deserve a separate discussion. Microinteractions are tools to make your visitors satisfied with your site as attention to details brings a strong result. Currently, the majority of microinteractions are animated. We see them when changing settings, sliding down a page, or turning things on or off. And their quality, even the smallest detail, determines the overall quality of the website. Every detail should rock.
Why microinteractions matter?
That is because attention to details is what differ a cheap website from a luxury one. Let us explain it in detail:
- Microinteractions make websites more emotional
- Microinteractions draw attention of users
- Microinteractions encourage commenting, liking, and sharing on your content
- The user experience becomes much more rewarding
- Microinteractions communicate information
- Microinteractions provide tips to users as well as a relevant feedback about completed actions
- Microinteractions make it easier for visitors to interact with your site
- Microinteractions improve a website’s navigation
Well-created microinteractions are a sign that you care about your customers. That is why they are so important. Less is more when it comes to microinteractions. They should be focused only on wow-effects, users, and their convenience. If done right, microinteractions can influence users’ actions and give positive feelings about your company, often without visitors even realizing why. By paying proper attention to microinteractions, you leave your clients satisfied.