Creating your ecommerce site has never been easier with numerous easy-to-use ecommerce platforms available in 2019. They allow businesses to display a catalogue, sell products, and perform transactions online. Ecommerce platforms offer a robust and complete solution that works perfectly for both large and small companies. In this posting, we will be talking about some of the best ecommerce website creators for 2019 to help you find the one that best fits your needs.
Overview Of Top Ecommerce Platforms
What is Ecommerce Website?
A ecommerce site typically referred to as an online store that allows customers to browse through the product catalog and buy products online. Ecommerce websites usually offer the following functionality:
- Represent digital vs. physical products
- Manage multiple stores (if necessary)
- Display multiple versions (for example, sizes and colors) of a product
- Perform transactions
- Manage large inventories
How to build a Ecommerce Website?
We have already talked about ecommerce design and development in one of our previous articles. This time, we will focus our attention to platforms for creating ecommerce design. They provide a set of pre-made themes and templates, allowing you to meet your business objectives, and enable your customers to purchase products/services from your online shop. Ecommerce platforms unify core business processes, providing the ability for companies to add visibility and improve their business operations.
Read also: DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT SERVICES FOR STARTUPS
Ecommerce Platforms Capabilities & Features
A typical ecommerce platform offers the following capabilities:
- Integration (payment gateway, email marketing, CRM, CMS for ecommerce)
- Analytics and reporting
- Ecommerce business management
- Ecommerce marketing tools
- Shipping management and order fulfillment
- Online shopping cart and payment system
Best Ecommerce Platforms for 2019
Let’s take a look at some of the top ecommerce solutions for today’s market.
- BigCommerce. This is a cloud-based solution aimed at fast-growing companies. It offers nice-looking designs and countless ecommerce store management features, such as analytics, coupons, online payments, product management, etc. BigCommerce allows businesses to design the online store, manage payments, configure products, and optimize conversion with ease and minimal investment of time.
- Wix. Wix is an easy-to-grasp and user-friendly website building platform that includes customizable HTML5 templates. It provide the ability to create a full-fledged online shop, regardless of technical skills.
- Shopify. This is one of the leading ecommerce platforms, and probably the easiest-to-use instrument to create your online shop. No matter if you are seeking for ways to take your company to the next level, or you are just starting out with an online business, Shopify promises to find a solution that fits your needs. It allows to create a high-quality online storefront, and provides payment system to accept credit cards.
- WooCommerce. WooCommerce is a WP plugin, created to be an adaptable and extendable open-source solution. It allows you to sell products/services via your WordPress site. If you need ecommerce that sells quickly, WooCommerce is a best option for you.
- Magento Commerce (formerly Magento). Magento is a CMS for ecommerce that offers cloud-based services. It is widely used by merchants across the world due to its flexibility and a bunch of customization options.
- Squarespace. Squarespace is a content management system software that allows users to build a portfolio, ecommerce shop, or blog. It offers elegant templates designed to provide users with maximum control over the feel & look of a site.
- Weebly. Weebly offers a basic CMS functionality combined with ecommerce and blogging features. It aims to allow users to easily build high-quality ecommerce websites without coding knowledge.
These were the best ecommerce solutions for 2019. And there are numerous ecommerce platforms beyond this list. A good idea is to pick a solution based on your anticipated requirements, rather than just focus on its price. Picking the right platform will pay off in the long run. At Loonar Studios, we can help you select an appropriate solution, or build a ecommerce store for you. If you need any help creating your online store, feel free to contact us.