Best Practices of UX for Ecommerce
- Maximize your website credibility.
Here is how to do that:
- Use dynamic elements instead of static. This will make users spend more time on your site. Also, this is what can make your design more recognizable
- Use a bright color palette. The acid shades are popular again in 2020
- Add a bit of asymmetry. Asymmetric elements are a perfect way to capture the eye of your users
- Use gradients. Gradient fills look much more neutral than a typical black/white background. In addition, gradients emphasize the color scheme of your brand
- Use original images and illustrations for your ecommerce store. They can become a distinctive feature that provides individuality to your product-focused design
- Use animations. They are capable of transmitting complex ideas without requiring too much resources and slowing down your website
- Make checkout and sign-up simple
Do not turn the registration procedure into a nightmare by forcing your users fill up endless input fields. Try to make your registration forms as simple as possible. Provide the possibility of quick authorization and allow users to refuse providing the non-critical data.
- Do not overload the website with filters
The excessive amount of filters makes the website too incomprehensible for new users. They distract people from the central object – the product catalog.
- A comfortable pagination ensures best UX
Make sure that your navigation is intuitive. It should take no more than 3 steps to reach the checkout page.
- Make your site as efficient as possible
If it takes more than three seconds to load, consider this the end of your ecommerce goals. This is what you can do to increase the speed of your website:
- Use the forward proxy approach
- Try the code refactoring procedure
- Use content compression
- Optimize images or convert them into a less resource-consuming format
- Employ server caching
Read also: RELEVANT CMS 2020
- Do not overload your product pages with CTA and useless content.
Avoid using too many text blocks and calls to purchase something just as it was in the late 1990s. Instead, rely more on the high-quality visuals. Two or three professional photos of a product made from different angles are capable of producing much better impression to your users than a huge text block accompanied by the acid-colored “Purchase” button
- Ensure all the possible search capabilities
The accessibility of services is what defines a well-crafted website concept. Today, having a simple input field for commercial platform can cancel all of its positive features. Here are the main attributes of the modern search:
- Image search will be a great option for visuals-oriented individuals who are mainly guided by the product appearance
- More and more people today prefer using voice search. It can attract organic traffic to your ecommerce website
- Multi-parameter sorting/filtering. Propose several new options in addition to the standard sorting methods
- Automatic selection of propositions is a must-have feature for any online store. This will increase your conversion rates and improve your UX for ecommerce
Read also: OUTSOURCING COMPANY VS. FREELANCERS FOR DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT