Web design is the process of aesthetically implementing and arranging ideas with the intention of presenting them on websites.
Some elements of Web Design:
- Content. Design and content work together to enhance the message of the web page through text and visuals.
- Fonts. They are aimed to enhance a website design.
- Graphics. It includes icons, clipart, photos, and logos.
- Color. The color choice depends on the clientele and purposes
- Layout. This is the way the text, ads, and graphics are arranged
UX means “User Experience.” UX design encompasses the design of websites, apps and other software products. It is aimed to bring a decidedly left brain component to a web experience. UX designers apply a specific methodology around the end user.
UX is important due to:
- Acquisition or merger
- Website’s size
- Multiple services or products catering to different target audiences
- Multiple user types
The UX process involves an iterative, collaborative approach and the development of User Personas – creating detailed psychographic, demographic portraits of different types of users and identifying issues that motivate them.
UI stands for User Interface. In general, UI Design represents the intersection of design and programming. Its core principle is “Form Follows Function.” A UI designer traditionally is a professional in designing machine to human interfaces.
UI Design makes complex appear simple. It is more synonymous with frontend development as it involves managing complex workflows, tasks, and information, distilling them into intuitive flows and screens.
Web Design, UI Design, and UX Design aren’t mutually exclusive as many websites use the elements of all three.